Here is a a short description about Great Indian culture based on India’s Food, Language and Clothing Styles.
National and Official Languages
- Hindi: Is the National Language of India. It’ is the most widely spoken language among Indians.
- English: Is the Official Working Language of India.
- Each state in India has a main Language that can be used for official purpose within the State, in addition to Hindi and English.
- There are 29 states in India
Northern States Official Languages
- States where Hindi is the official language: Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Uttrakhand, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Himachal Pradesh, Delhi and Harayana. These states are known as the “Northern belt states”.
- Punjab – Punjabi
- Jammu and Kashmir - Urdu
Eastern States Official Languages
- Assam – Assamese
- West Bengal and Tripura – Bengali
- Orissa – Oriya
- Mizoram –Mizo
- Sikkim – Nepali
- Manipur – Meitei
- Arunachal Pradesh – English
- Nagaland - English
Western states official Languages
- Gujarat – Gujarati
- Goa – Konkani
- Maharashtra – Marathi
Southern States Official Languages
- Karnataka – Kannada
- Andhra Pradesh –Telegu
- Tamil Nadu – Tamil
- Kerala – Malayalam
Food of India
- Foods from North India: Mostly wheat flat breads “Chapattis” or “Rootis”, lentils or “dals”, vegetables and pickles. Northern foods contain Muglai flavour or Ghee (butter) flavour.
- Food from Eastern India consist mainly of rice, fish, dals, vegetables and sweets.
- Bengali sweets like Rasogolla and Sandesh are famous all over and favourite among all Indians.
Western India Food
- Foods from Western India consist of coconut flavour in Goanese cuisine with lot of fish items which is eaten with rice. In Maharashtra and Gujarat people mostly eat rice, vegetables and dal.
South Indian Food
- In the Southern states people eat mostly rice or items made from rice, such as Dosas and Idlis in Tamil Nadu. Due to hot climate the foods are mixed with hot peppers and tamarind. In Kerala a lot of fish items are prepared using both spices and coconuts.
- Sari, Swerwani, Churidar Kurta, Salwar Kameez.
- Punjab - Kurta Pajama, Salwar Kameez.
- Jammu and Kashmir - Pheran and Poots
- West Bengal - Sari and Dhoti Punjabi